A key legal requirement of the Local Plan
Review is that it must be prepared in accordance with an up-to-date
adopted Local Development Scheme (LDS). The current LDS was adopted
in January 2019 by delegated decision by the Portfolio Holder for
Planning and Economic Development, and was published to the
council's website. This LDS set the overarching timetable for the
Local Plan Review.
However, this document requires some factual update and minor amendments ahead of the Local Plan being considered by Cabinet/Full Council for Publication and Submission in order to reflect the current position:
1. Extending the time period covered from ‘2019 – 2021’ to ‘2020 – 2022’.
2. Updates to the description of the Local Plan Review (confirming the review as a formal update for the Plan) and the timetable in order to reflect the slight delay in the Reg. 18 consultation; the timetable going forward is as established in the January adopted LDS.
3. Updates to reflect the evidence base progress.
4. Inclusion of reference to potential other DPDs which may need to be progressed following the Local Plan Review.
5. Inclusion of reviews for a number of the adopted SPDs which will be affected by the Local Plan Review, and reference to updating the guidance on Planning Obligations (the intention will be to establish contributions through an Annex in the Local Plan, as this can no longer be done through SPD).
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/11/2019
Decision due: 29 Oct 2019 by Head of Economic and Planning
Contact: Clem Smith, Head of Economy and Planning Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.