Delegated planning decisions for the week beginning 22 June 2020 are attached. Contact for enquiries: Jean McPherson, Group Manager: Development Management on firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order for Green Walk, Northgate is attached.
Action Taken Under Delegated Authority (Significant Operational Decision): Statement of Community Involvement June 2020 (Factual Update)
A key legal requirement of the Local Plan
Review is that it must be prepared in accordance with an up-to-date
adopted Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). The current SCI
was adopted by Head of Service Significant Officer Decision on 29
October 2019. It is published to the website and can be viewed from
Until and unless these were amended it would continue to be necessary for the Council to make documents publicly available to inspect by members of the public at the Council offices and other appropriate places.
In light of this, on 30 June 2020 the Head of Economy and Planning, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Planning and Economic Development, exercised delegated authority to adopt a factual update to the Statement of Community Involvement to confirm that the Council will, at least, meet the requirements of the Regulations, including as they may be amended or revised (either temporarily or permanently). This approach offers the greatest flexibility and ensures the Council will continue to progress the Plan meeting its legal requirements, reducing the risk of legal challenge.
Update on Tilgate Park Partner Business Reopening Plans
The following businesses are already open in Tilgate Park:
· Tilgate Water Sports – already open
· Smith & Western – currently open as a takeaway, intend to reopen as a restaurant from 4th July
· Mr Whippy Ice Cream – already open
· Glendale Golf – already open
· Go Ape – already open via soft reopening
The following businesses are yet to reopen in Tilgate Park:
· Walled Garden Café & Ice Cream Parlour – 4th July
· Craft huts – from 4th July, business category dependent
· Recreational huts – 4th July, business category dependent
· Nature Centre – Provisional date 13th July
Press releases are available at www.crawley.gov.uk/news