A key legal requirement of the Local Plan
Review is that it must be prepared in accordance with an up-to-date
adopted Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). The current SCI
was adopted by Cabinet on 8 February 2017 and was published to the
However, this document requires some factual update and minor amendments ahead of the Local Plan being considered by Cabinet/Full Council for Publication and Submission in order to reflect the current position:
• “other planning guidance documents” constituting SPD, and deleting reference to “other” planning guidance documents;
• the changes to the process and adoption procedures for planning documents so all SPDs are approved by Portfolio Holder, rather than some being Cabinet decisions;
• changes to the Development Management processes, including the introduction of pre-application charges
• some clarifications to the processes and procedures relating to Neighbourhood Planning and Neighbourhood Plans; and
• the change from “Forward” Planning to “Strategic” Planning.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/11/2019
Decision due: 29 Oct 2019 by Head of Economic and Planning
Contact: Clem Smith, Head of Economy and Planning Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.