Local Planning Authorities are required by the
Local Plan Regulations 2012 to publish from time to time an
Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) detailing their performance in
the preparation of local planning policies. They are required to
- Progress made with documents detailed in the council's Local Development Scheme (LDS);
- Performance in the implementation of local planning policies, including identifying policies which have not been implemented and potential causes of / solutions to non-implementation;
- Details of any Neighbourhood Plans or Neighbourhood Development Orders made;
- Details of Community Infrastructure Levy income and expenditure;
- Details of co-operation undertaken with other councils/bodies in line with the Duty to Cooperate set out in section 110 of the Localism Act 2011.
In addition to these the report details progress in relation to various indicators linked to the Sustainability Objectives set out in the Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal (SA), and sets out the headline information related to the council's Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register. Publication of the report is recommended in order to fulfil the legal reporting requirements, as well as to reinforce the evidence base for existing and emerging local plan policies. The report includes an updated picture of recent and anticipated housing delivery in the borough, and sets out that as of April 2021 the council was compliant with the requirement under national planning policy to identify a 5-year supply of deliverable housing sites. The report will be available on the Council's website once finalised.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 23/11/2022
Decision due: 22 Nov 2022 by Head of Economy and Planning