Crawley Borough Council Elections
Crawley Borough Council Elections - Thursday 2 May 2019
These elections follow a review of Crawley Ward Boundaries by the Local Government Boundary Commission of England which has meant some changes to wards and the number of Councillors in some wards. All Council seats will be elected on 2 May.
Details of the new ward boundaries can be found at: www.lgbce.org.uk/all-reviews/south-east/west-sussex/crawley
Key Dates for this Election
- Polling cards issued – 26 March
- Notice of Election – 26 March
- Notice of Election Agents – 3 April
- Delivery of candidate nomination papers - between 6 March and 4pm on 3 April
- Statement of Persons Nominated – 4 April
- Declaration of Results – 2 May
Deadlines for this Election
- New applications to register to vote - Friday 12 April
- New applications to vote by post or changes to existing postal vote or proxy - 5pm on Monday 15 April
- New applications to vote by proxy - 5pm on Weds 24 April
- Applications for an emergency proxy vote - 5pm on Thurs 2 May
West Sussex County Council Elections
West Sussex County Council is currently made up of 71 members elected to represent their local communities. You can learn more on the West Sussex County Council website.
In order to vote your name needs to be included on the Register of Electors. Find out about registering to vote and how to cast your vote.
If you would like to vote by post or by proxy you can download application forms at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk
Standing as a candidate in local or county elections
If you are interested in standing as a candidate please refer to the Electoral Commission website for candidate's guidance
If you plan to stand please contact the Elections Office who will be able to provide a candidate’s guide and all the paper work that is required.