Tilgate Ward & Three Bridges Division By-Elections
Following the sad death of Councillor Charles Petts, by-elections have been called to fill the vacancy of Councillor for Tilgate ward of Crawley Borough Council and Three Bridges Division of West Sussex County Council on Thursday 26 September 2019.
The Timetable for these Elections
- Notice of Election - Three Bridges Division (County Council By Election)
- Notice of Election - Tilgate Ward (Borough By Election)
- Delivery of candidate nomination papers - between 21 August 2019 & 30 August 2019
- Notice of Election Agents - 30 August 2019
- Statement of Persons Nominated and notice of Poll– 2 September 2019
- Deadline for registering to vote 10 September 2019
- Deadline for applications to vote by post – 11 September 2019 at 5pm
- Deadline for proxy vote applications – 18 September 2019 at 5pm
- Declaration of Results – 27 September
Any elector who is currently registered for a postal vote will receive their postal pack around 14 September. If you are going away before this date then please consider applying for a proxy vote. The deadline for changing to a proxy vote is 11 September 2019 at 5pm
In order to vote your name needs to be included on the Register of Electors. Find out about registering to vote
and how to cast your vote.
If you would like to vote by post or by proxy you can download application forms at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk
Standing as a candidate in local or county elections
If you are interested in standing as a candidate please refer to the Electoral Commission website for candidate's guidance
If you plan to stand please contact the Elections Office who will be able to provide a candidate’s guide and all the paper work that is required.