Delegated Planning Decisions PDF 67 KB
Delegated planning decisions for the week beginning 1 May 2023 are attached. Contact for enquiries: Jean McPherson, Group Manager (Development Management) on email@example.com.
Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders PDF 48 KB
The following documents are attached in relation to Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders:
· List of Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders.
· Wakehams Green Drive, Pound Hill (Appendix A).
· Dorsten Place, Bewbush (Appendix B).
Action Taken Under Delegated Authority (Significant Operational Decision): Factual Updates to the Crawley Borough Local Plan 2024 - 2040 Submission Draft Factual Update for the Regulation 19 Consultation; Supporting and Technical Evidence Base Documents
On 2 February 2023 Cabinet agreed to delegate to the Head of Economy and Planning factual amendments and minor modifications to the Local Plan. These are considered necessary for clarity and accuracy, to accord with national policy and due to updated supporting evidence (paragraph 2.2(a)(i), Crawley Borough Local Plan Review: Publication and Submission, Cabinet Report: PES/427).
Since the Cabinet version of the Local Plan was prepared, there have been a number of amendments made to the text of the Local Plan document. These are all considered to be factual amendments and/or minor modifications in accordance with the approved delegation.
In addition, Cabinet agreed to delegate to the Head of Economy and Planning approval of updates or additions to the supporting documents for the Local Plan and technical evidence base documents which are drawn up to support the Local Plan through Examination (paragraph 2.2(a)(iii), Crawley Borough Local Plan Review: Publication and Submission, Cabinet Report: PES/427).
In addition to those documents considered at the meeting of the Full Council, held on 22 February 2023, the following documents have since been updated or prepared to support the Local Plan at Public Consultation and Examination:
· Local Plan Map (May 2023)
· Draft Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment (May 2023)
· Draft Infrastructure Plan (May 2023)
· Housing Trajectory (31 March 2023)
· Employment Land Trajectory (31 March 2023)
· Crawley Duty to Cooperate Statement (May 2023)
· Local Plan Monitoring and Implementation Plan (May 2023)
· Joint Topic Paper: Water Neutrality (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 1: Unmet Needs and Duty to Cooperate (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 2: Gatwick Airport (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 3: Housing Needs (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 4: Housing Supply (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 5: Employment Needs and Supply (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 6: Climate Change (May 2023)
· Topic Paper 8: Biodiversity Net Gain and Urban Greening (May 2023)
· Housing Windfalls Statement (May 2023)
· Crawley Compact Residential Study (May 2023)
· Draft Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople Accommodation Needs Assessment (May 2023)
· Employment Land Availability Assessment Base Date 31 March 2023 (May 2023)
· Crawley Western Link Road – Northern Section Study Refined Area of Search (March 2023) Systra
Therefore, on 9 May 2023, the Head of Economy and Planning made minor and factual changes which would assist in ensuring the Plan considered at public consultation, and subsequently by the Inspector at Examination, is the Plan the Council considers to be most up-to-date and sound. Approval was also granted for the publication for consultation and then submission of the Submission draft Local Plan 2020 – 2035 (January 2020) (with minor modifications) and the accompanying supporting and technical evidence base documents.
Urgent Action Taken by the Chief Executive: Additional Housing Officer: British Citizenship Applications from the British Overseas Territories
On Friday 5 May 2023, the Chief Executive, after consulting with the Mayor, decided that this decision was urgent and could not wait until the next Full Council meeting to approve funds. This is with regard to requiring urgent funds to employ extra Housing Officers, who are needed so the Council can support and handle the extra demands that will be placed on the team, following the processing of British Citizenship applications from the British Overseas Territories. We have been informed from the relevant Government Departments (HO/FCDO) that they will be looking to issue determination decisions shortly and therefore we need to be prepared. There is no capacity in the current team to absorb this work.
The information on which this decision was taken is set out in report DCE/015, which is attached for Councillors only.
Press releases are available at www.crawley.gov.uk/news